The American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) has provided $641 million in one-time funding to the City of Baltimore in response to the COVID-19 public health emergency and its negative economic impacts. Mayor Brandon M. Scott has established the Mayor’s Office of Recovery Programs to administer this funding on behalf of the City via an application process.
The guiding principles for the Recovery Office are:
- Impact We are committed to maximizing the use of American Rescue Plan Act funds for the benefit of Baltimore City residents.
- Transparency We will share information and data on how funding decisions are made, how funds are spent, and what results Recovery Programs achieve with agencies and the public.
- Equity We will prioritize funding decisions on communities that have been disproportionately harmed.
- Accountability We will follow federal guidelines and requirements to ensure that funds are appropriately spent and accurately accounted for.
- Responsibility We will establish rigorous standards for compliance and performance for grant applicants and recipients to follow while also providing technical assistance and guidance as needed.